About Me

Penfield, New York, United States
i am 61 yrs young single and loving it-most of the time I am severely Hearing impaired. I do not let it stop me HAVE 2 CATS THAT NEEDED A HOME LIVE IN A TRAILER PARK

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Memories of another time

Growing up in the hippie sixties as i did seems life has changed so much from that time. We now have Cell Phones/Computers/and every gadget you can think of. We also are fighting a war on terror and an economy spiraling out of control. Everyday Living is getting much more expensive . Jobs are being lost to cheaper out of country businesses. Heating our homes and Gas for our Cars Food for our Tables are all getting more and more expensive. I sometimes long for that simpler time and wonder are we better off now that we were then in some ways yes in some ways no with the current Mortgage Mess skyrocketing health costs and an election right around the corner Hopefully the future will be brighter for all of us.

I was looking at my collection of cookbooks the other day and as always i smile when i see the BETTY CROCKER PICTURE COOKBOOK-1955 VERSION MY AUNT GAVE MY MOM FOR XMAS THAT YEAR-MY PARENTS ANNIVERSARY WAS CHRISTMAS EVE. BOTH are gone now a sis my AUNT CATHERINE-BUT i have the memories in the cookbook. i also have my GRANDFATHERS 1917 WWI ARMY MANUAL he was stationed in FRANCE
I HAVE A DOLL I HAVE HAD SINCE I WAS FIVE OR SO I CAN NOT REMEMBER HER NAME and cant seem to find it she has her DRESS AND HAS LOST A SHOE AND HER PANTIES AH THESE MEMORIES PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOURS

5 comments:

Lori said...

I like the changes to your Blog.
Thanks for posting more than Gail.
You should post a pic of that doll.
I think, I remember her, Maybe??

Anonymous said...

Nice blog! (I'm a fellow OLSer) I do most of my journal/short stories here: http://www.my-diary.org/read/?read=333943

Patriot said...

Just wanted to thank you for stopping by and entering! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!

sue14625 said...

was going through stuff found old pictures brought many smiles and some wonderful memories i might post some we will see printer is not working great so will have to use the digi camera

sue14625 said...

i have been decluttering a bit had clothes not being worn gave to someone that could use them. closet finally looking pretty good-thank goodness they have a door.need to tackle the other closet with all the craft stuff and get off the computer and back to quilting/sewing/knitting/crochet etc